One Grand Prize Winner
$5,000 cash or DMF product, and a co-branded full page ad in Technology Designer.
Four Runner Up Winners
$1,000 worth of DMF Lighting product.
Anyone using genuine DMF products with authorization to photograph and share images.
Richard had construction in his blood from a young age and joined the Magleby Construction team in 2000. He worked his way through a number of positions, including general laborer, cabinet maker/installer, cabinet shop manager, and currently works as the Pre-Construction Manager with the Estate Homes group. He has a Bachelor’s degree in business administration from University of Utah and completed his MBA at Utah State University. Dedicated to continued learning and growth in building science, Richard holds certifications as a NAHB Green Professional and Master Green Builder. He is married with two kids and enjoys spending time with them skiing and mountain biking. He is also an avid fisherman and spends weekends grilling up delicious dinners for his family.
Maureen Cohen is a Brooklyn based Interior Designer who has merged her background in fashion, art and design to create distinct interiors that re-imagine the possibilities of mixing the modern and traditional. Since opening her firm, Makawe Interiors, in 2009, Maureen has collaborated with clients nationally and internationally on both residential and commercial projects to achieve a balance of edgy yet attainable design, producing interiors that are both current and enduring. A native of New York City, Maureen received her BA from the University of Wisconsin at Madison and later completed her AAS from Harrington College of Interior Design.
Mark was born and raised in a Jewish community in Tehran, Iran. He received a degree in electrical engineering, and worked as a consulting engineer on a number of high-profile commercial developments within Iran. After immigrating to the US in 1979, Mark continued to work as a licensed Electrical Engineer, as well as both an Electrical and General Contractor. In 1989, Mark decided to use what he had learned in these fields to start DMF Lighting with his wife Faye. His deep understanding of lighting and insight into the construction industry has allowed DMF to develop products that set the standard on performance, design and reliability. Today DMF has a large roster of PhD’s and engineers and Mark continues to provide guidance while also pursuing his new hobby of photography.
Anne is the President and Design Principal of AKLD Lighting Design (AKLD). As Principal, she establishes the design direction and ensures the high quality design standards by overseeing all of AKLD’s projects. With both Fine Art and Interior Design degrees, Anne has a passion for lighting architecture. She combines aesthetics with technical expertise from her years of designing at a consulting engineering firm. In 1994, Anne founded AKLD Lighting Design. Since then, AKLD has successfully completed over 1,000 architectural lighting and control system designs in a wide range of applications and environments throughout the United States. Completed projects include lighting for municipalities, corporate offices, retail, high-end residences, museums, galleries, restaurants, houses of worship, libraries, schools, exterior facades, and landmark lighting. Anne’s projects have received awards from the IES and the International GE Award of Excellence for Residential Lighting.
The international designer and the Owner/President of Hi Tech Design is a designer and architectural graduate from Croydon Tech in London, England. Modernistic in style, his designs represent a new era in which the essence of the raw materials are expressed through the design. Kami Rezai specializes in residential design throughout Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, CA. His clients include Hollywood’s A-list celebrities.
• Each Photo must not exceed 5MB in file size;
• Each Photo is required to be a minimum size of 300 dpi or 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels;
• Photos cannot include any people;
• Photo must be of a DMF Lighting installation;
• Property Owner Release must be filled out, signed, and included with each submission (Entrant must have permission from the homeowner to take and submit photos for this Contest);
• The Installation Story Summary and the Equipment List must be included with each submission. The Installation Story Summary should include, where applicable, a recap of the impact and influence of an architect, interior designer, or builder (permissions from such parties are to be secured by the Entrant).
• Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• Entries must be Entrant’s own original, unpublished work which is owned by Entrant, and has not been in another promotion, contest or sweepstakes;
• Entries must be non-confidential and have been legally created (i.e., Entrant does not violate any laws or regulations in making the Entry);
• Entries must not disparage Sponsor, Sponsor’s employees, contractors, directors, officers, affiliates, representatives, distributors, installers, integration specialists, or licensees, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”);
• Entries must not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Sponsor;
• Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
• Entries must not include personally identifiable information and/or visual(s) of Entrant, the homeowner or any residents of the home;
• Entries must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status or age (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
• Entries must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, malicious code, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
• Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where an Entry is created or submitted.